Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mind navigation !

At times I utter something really stupid and my fnd goes "Kindly use both sides of your brain!"....... I use my brain fair enough, but how do I tell it which side to be used???
Do I need to navigate it, say "now a right turn..... go st for 100m and then take a left turn...... :-D"..... sounds absurd! Sure it does... but an article says ur brain is direction-oriented and one can navigate it! This was indeed some food for thought.

Left-brain - works independently, heeds to verbal instructions, preferring written assignments to projects, meticulous, analytical, rational, multitasker, follows the tested pathways of working and express themselves easily.

Right-brain - disorganised, hate process, spontaneous, day-dreamers, creative, prefer art and demonstrations in projects, trouble in expressing themselves, ppl with open-ended questions and have their own sweet opinion almost abt everything.

One look at the traits and I instantaneously hated the right-brains' , so that makes me predominantly a left-brain dominated. But on second thoughts I noticed that I do have a few qualities of the memory mapped right-brain. I am born left-brained but developed right-brained over the years. Hurray..I'm my own navigator!

Think of any icon you worship...... whomever you feel is a star. If you carefully observe their characters, they 'll be a balanced blend of both sides of brain......... alias they are middle brained. They took an initiative to do things in their own way, challenging the existing ones or even breaking the tested paths. But it isnt possible for anyone to reach the pinnacles of success without a logical and a meticulous planning. Maybe this is the origin for the phrase "level-headed thinking" !
In my opinion everyone is middle-brained but preemption takes its ugly head out. A lil piece of advice......delay the preemption..............:)

For more chk out
http://www.indiaparenting.com/raisingchild/data/raisingchild060.shtml
http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/May172007/dheducation200705161972.asp


4 comments:

Avinash said...

That leaves me brain washed :)

Divya said...

anuradhe...
good going with blog..shall read on more...
Good luck!!

Naresh said...

Was just wondering...why were you visiting "indiaparenting", "raisingchild"? ;)

Vinod said...

"delay the preemption"!! :O what are u scheduling??
--- From a Techie